• Lay out planks on a flat surface: Lay out all of the planks in the box the way you want them on your wall, vertical, horizontal, or diagonal.
• Clean & Paint: Clean off any dirt/dust on your wall before applying any of the accent wall pieces. If there are holes in the planks, paint the wall at the location of the hole with a dark color to conceal light paint behind. You may find it more convenient to paint your entire wall.
• Mark your studs: Find and mark your studs to ensure fasteners hold the planks tight to the wall.
• Remove Wall Outlets and Light Switch Covers: Measure where your outlets/light covers will be on your accent wall material. Using a jig saw, cut out the wood that covers outlets/light cover areas so you can re-apply them to your wall.
• Apply the top, middle, or bottom piece first: If you are applying a horizontal accent wall, use a level. If you are applying a diagonal accent wall, place your first piece at the angle you prefer.
• Use fasteners on studs: Carefully put fasteners through accent wall material into
• Adhesive (optional): If you choose to use wood glue or another form of adhesive, apply directly to back side of accent wall material right before placing and securing pieces on your wall.
* Reclaimed wood by nature is inconsistent. We mill it to 1/8’’ tolerances.
Please examine each piece prior to install and plan accordingly.
Gather your tools and supplies before you begin.
Here is what you will need for most wall covering installations:
• Tape measure & Pencil
• Paint, brush and/or roller
• Power or Table Saw
• Brad Nailer/Hammer
• Eye goggles (must be worn when using any power or hand tools)